Shipping, Return, and privacy Policies
Summer Shipping Strategy
Summer heat is unforgiving to our products. Until the summer heat subsides, we will not ship chocolates. We will begin shipments again in late August during days when the temperature is below 85-degrees.
Why are we doing this?
We care about the environment as much as our chocolate. By choosing not to increase our packaging materials (cooling packs, insulation, plastics, etc.), we are reducing waste and fuel while keeping the cost of shipping low. We want you to enjoy your chocolates without concern of melting or spending more on shipping.
What if I'm in muncie?
Great! Glad we are neighbors! Place your order online and select the Free Muncie Pick-Up Option! Soon, you'll be able to just walk in our Chocolate House and buy chocolates any time you like!
For rest-of-the-year shipping, bear in mind a few good practices when placing your order:
- Place your order as early in the week as possible. Weekends can adversely affect shipping times. Orders that are placed on Thursday-Sunday will be made on Sunday and shipped out on Monday.
- Ideally, have someone able to receive the shipment upon delivery.
- Check, double-check, and triple-check your shipping address. Seriously. I can only take you at your word that the address you enter is where you want it to be.
- Also, your shipping address must be a physical address. Shipping chocolates to P.O. Boxes is a bad idea and you won't convince me otherwise. Also, USPS will frown upon my even trying.
- Upon receiving your shipment, review it carefully to make sure everything arrived in fabulous condition. If it isn't fabulous, review my return policy below for more information.
overnight Shipping zones
for overnight shipping, determine zone then see price
- Use the map above to gauge the zone you are in based on the shipping origin of Muncie, IN.
- I offer flat rate shipping based on zones for USPS overnight shipments (I offer one flat rate price for USPS two-day shipping, regardless of zone).
- Zones 1 & 2 - $26.00
- Zone 3 - $35.00
- Zone 4 - $43.00
- Zone 5 - $54.00
- Zone 6 - $58.00
- Zone 7 - $61.00
- Zone 8 - $63.00
- Zone 9 - $76.00
- During your checkout process, you can select which shipping option is appropriate for you. After locating your zone, seeing the price, you can select either overnight shipping for your zone or two-day shipping.
Refunds and exchanges policy
If you're not happy, I'm not happy.
Please communicate with me to let me know if there are any issues with the product you receive or whether your shipment arrived. No questions asked, except how can I make it better for you.
If you receive chocolate that is not satisfactory, please contact me immediately via email at email@example.com and I will do everything I am able in order to make you happy. But please, think of the chocolate!! Be as mindful as possible when placing your orders in order to reduce the probability of your shipment experiencing any excess heat which may cause melting or other damage.
If there is an error with your order, please contact me immediately and I will make it right. I care about providing you with a high level of quality, accuracy, and service. Anything that falls short of that will be remedied with a quickness.
No need for you to return ship chocolate items. Tell me the nature of your dissatisfaction and let me take care of the rest.
Queer Chocolatier takes privacy extremely important. It isn't just your contact or financial information you place in my hands with when you make your purchase; you give me your trust. I will never share or sell your information to any third-parties. I respect you too much to ever engage in that type of practice.